Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Day of Daycare


Don't be fooled by that Nars Heat Wave covered smile you see...the minute I left the daycare leaving my little man behind I balled and balled all the way to work.  Probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

And it wasn't like Liam was upset - no, he was smiling at his new teacher, being held and chewing away on his hands.  In fact, I think he'll really enjoy being around other tiny people more his size (at least here's hoping).

And of course when I was pregnant, my husband and I toured several daycares and we picked this one.  We like this one.

But he has been my whole world for 3 months (or 1 year counting in utero) and now I'm missing every little smile and tear.  I can't hear his little coos and the sound of him trying to talk to me or his little grunts as he eats.  I can't cuddle him or smell him.

I'm devastated missing him.

In the end, we all made it through.  He was taking a little siesta when I picked him up and after he came out of his daze gave me those coveted smiles.  He remembered me, and his daddy.


I know it'll get better.  With time, it'll be easier to be away from him. Many many moms do this everyday.  I can too, right?  Time to buck up.

Other working mamas - what are your coping strategies?

Visit me and my mothership blog - Chasing Davies

6 comments:

  1. When I first went back to work, I took a blanket of Gavin's with me because it smelled like him. Sounds silly, but it helped with pumping at work. I missed him like crazy.

    It does get easier as they get older and can start telling you about their day and their "friends," etc. Plus, you'll appreciate the time you do have with them more because you're away during the day. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have full faith in you! You can do it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have full faith in you! You can do it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel. I'm so sorry, it's really awful, no? You will make it through though! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His smiling face is so cute. You'll be bonded forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not looking forward to this day in our household! I think a good waterproof mascara is in order!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment, ask a question or let me what you think!